CPPS-Gate40 Sensor is a powerful Smart Gateway that faces Cyber-Physical Production System requirements. It merges high computational capability, flexible and high availability industrial and IT networking, physical processing sensing and database management. This equipment has been selected as the central element of the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) Security Testbed.
CPPS-Gate40 Sensor simplifies the implementation of advanced data acquisition and industrial networking infrastructures focused on Big Data analytics, M2M solutions and applications for remote monitoring and automation.
CPPS-Gate40 Sensor consists of a modular embedded hardware and software system, designed to offer easy access to a huge variety of field devices through a wide range of industrial interfaces. It is powered by SMARTZynq module and by high availability and synchronization IPs from SoC-e.
This technology is field proven and present in more than 15 countries worldwide.
CPPS-Gate40 Sensor integrates different technologies and protocols to offer a smart gateway solution which allows users to achieve accelerated business development into the IoT environment, merging the plant with the IT world.
The “heart”‘ of the CPPS-Gate40 Sensor is a Xilinx Zynq device. This is the last generation of programmable System-on-Chip platforms. It embeds in the same device a double-core ARM-9 processor and a high-end FPGA section.
SoC-e IP cores provide on the FPGA section of the internal SoC chip flexible and powerful networking capabilities for both the Industrial and the IT Section. Trispeed Legacy Ethernet ports can be combined with high availability “Plug&Work” Ethernet ports based on HSR and PRP zero-delay recovery time redundancy protocols.
IEEE 1588 SoC-e technology for sub-microsecond synchronization integrated on CPPS-Gate40 Sensor offers an “out-of-the-box” for IEEE 1588 implementations. The device can work as Master of the network, Slave and Boundary Clock. Furthermore, all SoC-e switching implementations include TransparentClock functionality ensuring high precision synchronization in different and complex implementations.
- 4 SFP cages for 10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet copper or 1000BaseX fiber with LED indicators
- 1 10/100/1000BaseTx Ethernet copper port with LED indicators
- 1 serial RS232 port
- 1 half and full duplex RS485 port with Serial Modbus and Profibus support
- Up to 3 digital inputs
- 1 Analog input
- 1 Potential-free relay output
- Temperature sensor interfaces: 1 threewire RTD (PT100) and 1 thermocouple Type K
- 1 Integrated electronic piezoelectric (IEPE) accelerometer input
Applications and services:
- Soft PLC
- Modbus Server/Client management
- HMI integration
- Synchronization: IEEE 1588v2 Master/Slave/Boundary Clock, SNTP to synchronize system clock in Internet
- Database management: CouchDB, SQL, Cassandra, JSON, etc.
- Sensor RAW data preprocessing by hardware and software
- OPC UA support
- Event and Log
- Environmental Monitoring
- Multiprotocol stack: Siemens S7, Profinet, Profibus, etc.
- Maintenance: Configuration backup and restore
- Management: SNMP/Web/Telnet/CLI, SSL/SSH for secure management
- Zynq7000 Secure Boot, which provides private key cryptography (AES/HMAC) and public key cryptography (RSA) allowing sensitive software to be encrypted and authenticated in a chain of trust.
- IEEE 802.1X protocol, which provides an authentication mechanism to the devices wishing to attach to the network.
- MACsec standard, which defines a security infrastructure to provide data confidentiality, data integrity and data origin authentication.
If you want more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org