IRIGtimeS implements an IRIG 200-04 compliant time synchronization slave on FPGA devices. This IRIG-B slave IP has been designed to support all the IRIG-B coded expressions as well as DCLS and AM modulations in order to provide maximum flexibility.
This IRIG-B slave IP receives IRIG-B frames each second, getting the time information (seconds, minutes, hours, days, years, control functions and binary straight seconds) depending on the IRIG-B time code. This IP implements a 64-bit internal timer in order to provide the timestamp (in seconds) and nanoseconds value. This timer is synchronized in value and frequency with the received IRIG-B time information. This IP has been designed to provide autonomous operation, requiring as less configuration as possible.
IRIGtimeS is supported on the following Xilinx FPGA Families:
- 7-Series (Zynq, Spartan, Artix, Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale (Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale+(Zynq MPSoC, Kintex, Virtex)
- Managed Ethernet Switch IP Core for Xilinx Vivado Tool -
It is designed to be easily integrated in your FPGA designs by taking advantage of the new Xilinx Vivado Tool, that allows to use the IP Cores in a graphical user interface and configure IP parameters in an easy way.
IRIGtimeS key features
- IRIG 200-04 compliant time synchronization slave
- Support for DCLS and AM modulations
- Support for all IRIG-B coded expressions, including year information, control functions and straight binary seconds
- Sub-microsecond synchronization with the IRIG-B master
- 64-bit internal timer synchronized in time and frequency with the IRIG-B master
- 32-bit for timestamp in seconds and 32-bit for nanoseconds
- Periodic pulse output for testing
IRIGtimeS IP core block diagram is represented in the following figure:
Supported boards for the Reference Designs
- SoC-e SMARTzynq brick (Recommended)
- For other Xilinx/Avnet/SoC-e boards, we can provide a time-limited IP Core for evaluation.