SpaceWire IP Core is a VHDL core that implements a complete, reliable and fast SpaceWire encoder-decoder with AXI management interface, synthesizable for FPGA and for reconfigurable SoC Devices.
This IP core can operate up to the packet level in point-to-point links, with no “destination address”. It is designed to conform to ECSS-E-ST-50-12C. SpaceWire IP supports two implementation modes, generic and fast, where the transmitter is designed to support bitrates up to 5 times the system clock frequency
SpaceWire IP is supported on the following Xilinx FPGA Families:
- 7-Series (Zynq, Spartan, Artix, Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale (Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale+ (Zynq MPSoC, Kintex, Virtex)
- XQR Family (Space Grade FPGA’s): Virtex-5QV
SpaceWire IP is designed to be seamless integrated in your FPGA designs by taking advantage of the new Xilinx Vivado Tool, that allows to use the IP Cores in a graphical user interface and configure IP parameters in an easy way.
SpaceWire IP Core key features:
- Rx Bit-rate up to x4 of the system clock frequency
- Tx Clock Frequency between 100MHz-625MHz
- Separate Clock Domains
- Tx FIFO Depth fully configurable: From 64 bytes to 16384 bytes
- Rx FIFO Depth fully configurable: From 64 bytes to 16384 bytes
- AXI-Stream (Data)
- AXI-4 Lite (Configuration & Management)
- Up to 200Mbps Link Speed
SpaceWire IP Core can be supported in the SoC-e’s SMARTcia board, a platform designed to be used in space environment, meeting the requirements established by the current regulations.
For more information about this IP, licensing modes and turn-key projects based on this standard, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org