SMVSubscriberBoard is an acceleration platform to process very high amounts of Sample Measured Values (SMVs) widely used on Smart Grid based on SoC-e SMVSubscriber IP and Xilinx Alveo hardware.
This accelerator computes all low-level networking and DSP functionality offering to the higher level applications all the relevant information about the status of the grid parameters. This information is provided ensuring a fixed and short latency. Therefore, it can be used not only for monitoring purposes, but for control and automation applications in the context of the IEC 61850 standard.
SMVSubscriberBoard can be installed on Edge-computing equipment and on-premises servers of Electric infrastructures, as an example in Power Substations. Additionally, this solution is also extremely useful in the data-centers of the Smart Grid operators and Electric Utilities in order to monitor the detailed status of any measured location.
SMVSubscriberBoard shall complies with SMV frame processing according to IEC 61850-9-2 with the following features and performance.
- HW accelerated DFT computation module for calculating magnitude and phase of the first harmonic (50 or 60 Hz).
- HW accelerated RMS computation module (up to 162548 calculations/s per SMVSubscriber IP instance). Multiple SMVSubscriber IP instances could be implemented depending on the final Alveo board platform selected for the project.
- 40 simultaneous SMV streams per SMVSubscriber IP instance: 8 Digital channels per stream: 3 phase Voltage plus ground and 3 phase Current plus Ground.
- SMVSubscriber IP shows a latency of 6,152 µs. It can be optimized for simultaneous connectivity of several substations implementing SMVSubscriber IP instances through a low-latency SoC-e Ethernet switch IP (internally to an Alveo board).
- Deterministic latency time for full computation of 6,152 us.
- 1 x 1000 Ethernet link at up to wire speed per SMVSubscriber IP instance. The architecture allows to integrate an internal 10G to multiple 1G switch/split infrastructure to support multiple SMVSubscriber IP instances in parallel.
- Status, configuration and statistic counter registers.
This product was presented at SPS 2019.