NEToem provides a flexible, embedded network connectivity solution that fully supports operations within a safe, reliable and real-time environment. It is a fast and affordable solution to implement SoCe IP cores, like HSR/PRP Switch IP or 1588Tiny. However, thanks to its generic architecture it can be used for a wide range of applications.
Brochure for NEToem
NEToem embeds a powerful Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA, a LPDDR SDRAM, a Flash memory and 5 Fast Ethernet links. 4 of these links are provided with industrial grade Fast Ethernet phyters. The remaining one connects directly to a carrier through MII interface.
NEToem key features:
- Industrial Grade Xilinx FPGA: The Spartan-6 family provides leading system integration capabilities with the lowest total cost for high-volume applications. XC6SLX45 device is mounted on the standard version.
- 512 Mb LPDDR: Fast SDRAM memory to store software applications, protocols stacks or large buffers.
- 128 Mb Quad SPI Flash: Memory for Firmware and Bitstream storage.
- EEPROM with unique MAC integrated: Ready to use unique MAC in each module to reduce the time-to-market of the customer product.
- Temperature Sensor: Each module is provided with a I2C temperature sensor mounted on the PCB.
- 4x Ethernet Phyters: Provide Fast Ethernet signals ready to be connected to Ethernet connectors provided with integrated transformers.
- 4x Leds indicator: 1 Power up led, 1 FPGA done led and 2 General purpose LEDs.
- Generic GPIOs: Up to 20 GPIOs ready to be used in the carrier and 19 additional GPIOs that can be used if the Ethernet Switch chip is not mounted in the carrier.
- Debug connector: Easy accessible connector on the top of the module that accepts stand-alone powering, JTAG, I2C and SPI.
- High-reliability board-to-board connectors: Three board-to-board connectors attach NEToem module to the customer carrier. This robust connection is enhanced with the two metallic triangles that covers the module from the top and ensures the best behavior in rugged environments.
- Reference carrier for NEToem is detailed at NETcarrier board
- NEToem architecture -
For more information or orders, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.