SMARToem is a pluggable module designed to enable easy integration of Ethernet Industrial Networks in equipment for Electric, Industrial and Aerospace sectors. This module allows the implementation of powerful networking capabilities into end-equipment like IEDs, relays, merging units or any other. Network frame processing can be performed by hardware using specific SoC-e IP cores.
SoC–e offers solutions for IEEE1588v2, HSR, PRP and custom Ethernet processing/or PTP directly implementable on SMARToem. The customer can request SMARToem pre-loaded with these configurations or use these modules to implement its own design.
SoC–e offers a ready to use platform, SMARToem brick (see at bottom), that can be used by the customers as a reference to design their own one or to include SMARToem in their equipments. This carrier supports copper and fiber optics media.
SMARToem module key features:
- Industrial Grade components.
- Scalable Industrial Grade Xilinx FPGA: The Spartan-6 family provides leading system integration capabilities with the lowest total cost for high-volume applications. Devices supported: XC6SLX45, XC6SLX75, XC6SLX100 and XC6SLX150.
- 6x Ethernet Combo Phyters: Each one can be configured independently to work in 10/100Base-T (copper) or 100Base-FX (fibre). The number of PHYs can be reduced according to the customer necessities.
- Support for Configuration-over-Ethernet (CoE): It allows accessing to all internal registers using Ethernet, even remote flashing.
- Support for Dynamic Bitstream Configuration (DBC): It allows changing remotely the functionality of the FPGA (multi-boot).
- 512 Mb LPDDR: Fast SDRAM memory to store software applications, protocols stacks or large buffers. Only necessary if an internal soft-CPU want to be included. None of SoC-e´s IP requires external RAM memory.
- 128 Mb Quad SPI Flash: Memory for Firmware and Bitstream storage.
- EEPROM with unique MAC integrated: Ready to use unique MAC in each module to reduce the time-to-market of the customer product.
- Temperature Sensor: Each module is provided with an I2C temperature sensor mounted on the PCB.
- 4x Leds indicator: 1 Power up led, 1 FPGA done led and 2 General purpose LEDs. Also 2x LED for each PHY (link status and activity).
- Generic GPIOs: Up to 20 GPIOs ready to be used in the carrier.
- Debug connector: Easy accessible connector on the top of the module that accepts stand-alone powering, JTAG, I2C and SPI.
- High-reliability board-to-board connectors: Two board-to-board connectors attach SMARToem module to the customer carrier.
- Reference carrier design (SMARTcarrier board).
- Pin-out compatible with other modules available on the market.
- We provide full access to the schematics, PCB layout and Gerber for SoC-e´s IP customers.
Ask for a Quotation!
- SMARToem brick -
- SMARToem brick -
SMARToem brick: Ready-to-use SMARToem module with SMARToem carrier
SMARToem brick is a plug-and-play system that reduces the risk and the Time-to-Market in the development of solutions for IEEE1588v2 HSR/PRP, Industrial Ethernet and TSN Networks.
SMARToem brick consist on the following package:
- Power Supply
- USB B cable
For more information or orders, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.