A SMARTbox is an all-in-one solution for developing FPGA based Industrial Networking Solutions. The SMARTbox is composed of a Spartan-6 based SMARToem pluggable module and a SMARTcarrier board. This combination allows the implementation of custom routers, switches or end-equipments with networking capabilities.
Reliable Ethernet Standards like HSR and PRP (IEC 61850, IEC 62439-3 C5-C4) can be implemented on hardware using SoC-e HSR-PRP Switch IP core. IEEE 1588 PTPv2 capabilities can also be added using SoC-e IEEE 1588 IPs portfolio.
The Reference Design included in a SMARTbox is a HSR/PRP Redundancy Box (RedBox) that enables the access to PRP Networks or HSR rings to any Ethernet equipment.
The SMARTbox allows the implementation of any FPGA design developed using standard Xilinx EDA tools (ISE, XPS, Vivado, etc.). For example: a microblaze based SoPC system with TCP/IP functionalities can be added using lwIP stack or Linux OS.
- SMARTbox -
SMARTbox key features:
- 3x Fast Ethernet connectors for SMARToem phyters: they provide magnetic and RJ-45 connection to the 3 Ethernet links driven by the 3 phyters populated on SMARToem.
- 3x SFP connectors for 100FX fiber SFPs, connected to the SMARToem phyters.
- UART connectors: two options available, a USB B female connector on the back and on-board TTL connector.
- 2x PMOD connectors: they allow seamless attachment of Digilent PMOD modules like OLED graphic displays, GPS and Wireless modules among others.
- SMARTbox embeds an SMARToem module plugged in a SMARcarrier board as shown in the Figure below.
- SMARTbox without case -
For more information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org