The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) is the organization in charge of transforming business and society by accelerating the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Testbeds are a major focus and activity of the Industrial Internet Consortium and its members.
SoCe will be attending, as an IIC member company, the Time Sensitive Network (TSN) Testbed organized by the IIC on 13-15 March in Erbach, Germany. In this testbed, SoCe will collaborate with other member companies in order to test TSN implementations and interoperability. The Time Sensitive Network (TSN) Testbed is envisioned to be useful in a wide range of applications, including Manufacturing, Utilities, Transportation, Aerospace and Oil and Gas.
The framework offered by the testbed is valuable to work on the following topics:
- Analysis of combined real-time and best-effort traffic flows on a single network based on IEEE 802.1 Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)
- Vendor interoperability using standard, converged Ethernet
- Security architectures in conjunction with critical control traffic and feedback on the secure-ability of initial TSN functions
- IIoT incorporation of high performance and latency sensitive applications
- Integration mechanisms and architectures for smart edge-cloud control systems directly connected into flexible manufacturing
SoCe technology will be embedded within two TSN devices of our Relyum partner:
- RELY-TSN-PCIe: This board can act as a TSN Endpoint and as a Bridge (simultaneously)
- RELY-RB+2-TSN: This device is a 6-port TSN-compatible bridge supporting 1 Gbps speed
Both products are powered by SoCe‘s reconfigurable TSN technology: The MTSN Switch IP.
MTSN Switch IP can be implemented optimally depending on the application, from a simple 2-port to a complex multiport switch. The designer can select, among other parameters, the number of ports and memory distribution for the switch implemented in the FPGA section. This entire configuration is done graphically in Xilinx Vivado Tool.
MTSN Switch IP can be evaluated using the MTSN Kit. This kit has been designed not only to test the MTSN Switch IP, but also to support an advanced TSN hands-on. There are two version of the Kit available, one based on Xilinx Zynq-7000 SoC and another based on Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and take a look to SoCe TSN White paper: Enabling the Road to TSN